By: Innis Francis innis.francis@trinidadexpress.com
Date: 16:02:12
This article is about a 16 year old girl arrested for cursing at the vice principal of her school, she was ultimately and charged , to be sentenced on 4:4:12, when I read the article my perception was "good, its time these matters not be taken as lightly as they are, we have to start fixing our county by fixing the youth, they finally got it."
However , I was viewing this article on line where there is also a forum for comments, and the comments that were posted left me amazed at how our country is torn, there were people who agreed and people who have the same nonchalant attitude about life, that has our country in the mess it is right now, people even used "church goers" TV and Radio as examples for what is considered norm, "cussing".
Now I realise that we have not got it all, it seems as though things really aren't changing but getting worse, when will it end?
People have become satisfied with what is considered deviant and believe it should be acceptable, I feel that it is a sad day when you can voice these irresponsible opinions out loud and be proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment